To pass scrutineering it must have the following done
– No oil leeks (leaky gaskets etc)
– Brace on the oil filter to prevent it from unscrewing and coming off
– No wheel hub caps (take them off)
– No wheel weights in burnouts (inner and outer)
– All wheels nuts must be on
– Reverse lockout must be working (Car cannot start in reverse)
– Brakes firm and all working
– Liquid overflow bottle (some cars have a hose, just put the hose into a small bottle through the lid)
– Battery not loose
– Seat belt working
– Throttle return spring
– No play in the steering wheel
You’ll need a helmet (see here) and the appropriate clothing (long sleeve and pants), if you’re running under 7.0 sec ET over the 1/8th mile you’re required to have an ANDRA licence and your car ANDRA teched. See the following page http://www.andra.com.au/competitor/licences.html
We cannot allow cars unlicensed to run quicker than 7.00 without the above tech inspection by ANDRA.
Example a stock standard Holden VE SS will run around 9.0 sec @ 80mph over the 1/8th mile.